Riveted saw ID?

Discussion in 'Forum: Saw Identification and Discussion' started by Randy Smith, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Randy Smith

Randy Smith New Member

Seeking expertise to identify this small saw with brown oak handle, riveted. Blade has faint stamped mark that we cannot decipher. Looks like CWD??? there are some more letters after the D, like a name but it's too faint to read. Google of various combinations of possible names has not revealed any likely makers. Any idea of age also appreciated. thanks for looking LRM_EXPORT_20161026_194721.jpg LRM_EXPORT_20161026_194810.jpg LRM_EXPORT_20161026_194740.jpg LRM_EXPORT_20161026_194822.jpg in

2. fred0325

fred0325 Most Valued Member

Hi Randy,

This is not going to be an easy one.

The rivets are almost certainly not put on at manufacture and the handle is quite possibly a user adaptation as well.
    I have looked through BSSM for a surname starting with D and with the initials C. W. I can unfortunately find nothing that matches.

But then, of course it may not be a British saw, especially considering your location.

I do not have access to any American saw directories.

Perhaps someone who does could repeat my search to see if anything comes up.

Fred

Edit Perhaps all is not lost. I was just looking up on Google some images of Dunlap saws in order to try to answer another post on this site and found that Dunlap's initials are C.W. !!

It is very possible to make "Dunlap" out of your partial name.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016