Out of my range I'm afraid

Discussion in 'Forum: Saw Identification and Discussion' started by ray, Jan 31, 2011.

1. ray

ray Administrator Staff Member

2. fred0325

fred0325 Most Valued Member

Hello Ray,

I had seen the Jim Bode tools one but not the Panther head. At least the Panther is a complete saw, and for a third of the price.

I will still stick my neck out and say that it will not sell for that money, (it will, of course now sell because I have said that it won't) and as for the Disston eagle's head, it would be interesting to know how long it has been for sale. As I mentioned/implied in a previous literary effort - silly prices. $100's possibly but surely not $1000's.

If by any chance either or both do sell, your last line smilie comment may well become reality as some enterprising Chinese manufacturer will start to produce them by the counterfeit bucketload. Never mind how good the counterfeits are, you will be able to distinguish them by the mandatory spelling mistake.

Fred

3. lui

lui Most Valued Member

Even if I had a spare $1000 I wouldn't buy it.

It's not my cup of tea, but I'm sure someone will pay the money for it.

4. ilges71

ilges71 Member

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! now let me see, spend lots of money on one saw, or wander around my usual haunts and buy lots of saws and other tools for less money!!!! Tough desicion.

Instead of having a go at carved walking sticks, this might be a new area to try. Who knows with a little aging and distressing mmmmm!! rich at last !!

Thanks for adding the link, nice to see something different.

Graham

5. fred0325

fred0325 Most Valued Member

Hello All,

For those of you who didn't put a watch on the Panther's Head saw - it didn't sell. A certain amount of sanity is therefore preserved.

Fred

6. ray

ray Administrator Staff Member

Pleased to see I don't have to start carving kangaroo heads :)

Common sense prevailed.

Regards
    Ray

7. ilges71

ilges71 Member

Oh no Ray, I was looking forward to seeing that one!!

Graham