James Lee

Discussion in 'Forum: Saw Identification and Discussion' started by fred0325, Dec 13, 2016.

1. fred0325

fred0325 Most Valued Member

Hello all,

To call this a saw in its current state is a bit of a misnomer.

It was probably a saw at one stage and may well be again if I can find an age related plate.

And that is one of the problems. How old is it? The name should help but it doesn't.

I can find some Lees in BSSM, but not James. Another problem is that, as this saw came from America, I am not sure whether it is British or American.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

upload_2016-12-13_11-4-7.png

I have just enlarged an image of the stamp and it appears that Cast Steel has been overstamped on German Steel and so I am presuming that this saw is British after all, unless someone is going to tell me that split nut American saws could carry the German Steel stamp.

It is possibly a bit of a naughty thing to do as the overstamping (unless correcting an mistake) is unwarrantedly upgrading the type of steel that the blade is manufactured from.

Fred

Attached Files:

2. Dusty Shed Dweller

Dusty Shed Dweller Most Valued Member

"It is possibly a bit of a naughty thing to do as the overstamping (unless correcting an mistake) is unwarrantedly upgrading the type of steel that the blade is manufactured from".

Given that warranted superior is a meaningless term Fred, you can describe overstamping in whatever fashion you desire!