Jacobson van den Berg

Discussion in 'Forum: Saw Identification and Discussion' started by fred0325, Jan 4, 2016.

1. fred0325

fred0325 Most Valued Member

Hello all,

This is the first Dutch saw that I have bought, at least I presume that it is Dutch and as far as I can tell, the company still exists in one form or another today.

"Jacobson van den Berg (Hong Kong) Ltd (JVDB HK) was established in Hong Kong in 1951 as a subsidiary of Jacobson van den Berg NV, a Dutch colonia company founded in 1883 in Semarang, Indonesia. In 1985, the Dutch parent company merged with Lindeteves, a company registered at the Stock Exchange in Amsterdam to form Lindeteves Jacoberg NV."

The saw itself is nothing to write home about and I bought it purely for the medallion with the rather distorted and skeletal figure.

Does anyone know what the figure represents. I have Googled it but can find no explanation.

I am a bit lost as to date, but would think around 1890 to 1939??

Fred

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  2. Pastahill

Pastahill Member

Fred that is difficult to date. these rivets where used in continental europe at that date AND after the WWII for a longer period. but from the style of the handle and the pressed on Medallion I would it date more in the later years. But that is just a guess because there is no realy timeline in European saws around the WWI and WWII.