Finally have the time to go through my stack...

Discussion in 'Forum: Saw Identification and Discussion' started by David Schultz, Aug 1, 2015.

1. David Schultz

David Schultz Member

I'm slowly working my way through my stack of old blades. Came across this one -- hopefully easier to ID than the others.

- 26"
    - 7 PPI stamped on heel
    - skewback
    - handle holes seem to accommodate 3/16" sawnuts

As for the etch, there's quite a bit visible, but of course, not enough for me to ID it.

I can make out most of the words. There's what I believe is the maker's name in an arch at the top. Below that, I can clearly make out "No. 50", with "EXPERT" under that, and "WARRANTED" below that. The name uses script lettering that seems to be "F. R. BU???SNS" -- not sure about the "SNS" at the end.

I hope you guys don't mind me picking your brains on these. I actually ID'd two others all by myself ;) -- a couple of Disston Keystone K4 Air Masters.

Regards,
    Dave

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pmcgee likes this.
  2. pmcgee

pmcgee Most Valued Member

Very nice. :)

David Schultz likes this.
  3. TobyC

TobyC Most Valued Member

F. R. BU??SNS

Can't even guess at the two faint ones, sorry.

4. David

David Most Valued Member

BUGGENS....BULLENS? The first "S" doesn't seem quite the same as the final "S". There seems to be something that might be a serif in the upper left corner of the letter. Unlike Toby I am guessing here. However the first 10 or so pages of Google didn't offer up any confirmation of either suggestion.
    David

5. TobyC

TobyC Most Valued Member

Turn of the century, give or take fifteen years, US made, probably someones second line saw.