again 2 unknown saws

Discussion in 'Forum: Saw Identification and Discussion' started by Pastahill, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Pastahill

Pastahill Member

Here are two unknown, i think German saws, i dont know from whom and when they were made. One has a very rough handle with bandsawmarks on the sides and for me unknown rivets. Maybe i am wrong with the saws and anybody can give the right answers.

first one IMG_4789_Bildgröße ändern.JPG IMG_4791_Bildgröße ändern.JPG

Strange form of the handle IMG_4793_Bildgröße ändern.JPG IMG_4795_Bildgröße ändern.JPG

second saw IMG_4796_Bildgröße ändern.JPG IMG_4797_Bildgröße ändern.JPG IMG_4800_Bildgröße ändern.JPG

the saw was heavely sharpend, but not completely toothed to the heel IMG_4802_Bildgröße ändern.JPG

to get it straight i should cut about have of an inch IMG_4803_Bildgröße ändern.JPG

pmcgee likes this.
  2. Barleys

Barleys Most Valued Member

It's really good to see such unusual saws here. Thanks very much to Pastahill. The rivets look very similar to ones I've seen on backsaws that are marked "Foreign" and which I believe were probably made in Germany.
    It would be good to have a comment from Wolfgang Jordan, who is very knowledgeable on German saws.
    The sharpening of the second one is the sort of result I would get if I tried, and although I may foolish I would never try to sharpen a saw.