A Tillotson tenon saw

Discussion in 'Forum: Saw Identification and Discussion' started by mattsworld, Apr 12, 2011.

1. mattsworld

mattsworld Member

2. ray

ray Administrator Staff Member

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us, I've been reading your blog with interest, congratulations on an excellent resource.

Nice work restoring the latest Tillotson, that's a beautiful job. It's always heartwarming to see old saws bought back to useful life.

I especially appreciate the effort you've taken to get the kinks out of the saw plate, it's not easy. My attempts at removing kinks have always been disasters.

I think Lui, has mastered the dark art of saw doctoring, some of his tools and set up are posted here...
    http://www.backsaw.net/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=58&jfile=showthread.php&t=98

Love that big dog's head hammer ...:)

Regards
    Ray

3. lui

lui Most Valued Member

Hi Mat,

Great website and saws, your doing a great job.

I, like ray, have been over to your website and read with interest what your up to. I also like your informal writing style, it brings your posts to life.

Ray, is to generous with his comments on straightening saws, I've started down that road, but it's very long and slow.

I'm currently making a new rip saw, and I'll post the whole thing on here once it's done.

Here's a sneak peek, but there is still a lot to do.
    [​IMG]

Keep it up, and welcome to backsaws.

regards

lui

4. mattsworld

mattsworld Member

Ray and Lui

Thank you very much for the words of support on the blog...it is a labor of love. :)

Lui...I'm very impressed with your recent efforts on making a hand saw...I have some thoughts and insights I will share with you in those posts.

Ray...I should also mention that I've met with failure in hammering saw plates as many times as I've been successful....I'm just learning myself, and i will have to say, of all the skills involved in saw rehabbing, hammering is the most frustrating.

Thanks again for the support,

Matt