Unusual etch

Discussion in 'Forum: Saw Identification and Discussion' started by PeterEvans, Jan 9, 2012.

1. PeterEvans

PeterEvans Most Valued Member

Happy New Year
    Drawing of the etch; unfortunately no picture of etch, or handle, or screws. Anyone recognise the etch layout?

Attached Files:

2. TraditionalToolworks

TraditionalToolworks Most Valued Member

Yes, I recognize it. It looks like a portion of a software design I once drew on the table cloth at a famous Silicon Valley restaurant.

Not sure if that helps or not...:rolleyes:

3. ray

ray Administrator Staff Member

Hi Alan, Peter,

Alan, I recognize it as well, but I kept the table cloth...

Actually, I wonder if it might be a Taylor Brothers Mark, there is a group of 5 gentlemen that might match the description given and also International was a Taylor Brothers Brand..

[​IMG]

Of course a picture would help.. :)

Regards
    Ray

4. PeterEvans

PeterEvans Most Valued Member

Thanks Ray, i was thinking of Taylor, but could not findthe right illustration in my collection thereof. Image above comes from a letter from a "senior" member of TTTG who is, alas, not up with the computer age. I am sure you are right.

5. Barleys

Barleys Most Valued Member

Great detective work from Ray - the first sign of an "International" saw mark recorded so far - any chance of you getting a photo sometime, Peter?

The more I see of them, the more I'm beginning to think that Taylor Bros may have been bigger producers than even S&J. They certainly had a giant and far-flung export trade, judging by the records of their etching contract books in the Sheffield Library Archves (still to be adequately written up - wish I was 20 years younger and twice as energetic).