W.Cheadle Revived

Discussion in 'Forum: Saw Identification and Discussion' started by Brent Parkin, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Brent Parkin

Brent Parkin New Member

Thanks for the information on W. Cheadle. It was great to learn just where my long term repair project originated from. As I said in my previous post, basically I started with a brass spine. Everything else was a wreck. Pete Taran made a replacement blade years ago for me and it took until now before I finally made time to create a new tote and complete the bringing the saw to a usable state. While it is technically a Franken saw, There is still something special about knowing how long ago it began its journey. Here it is 150 years later ready to continue in the workshop hopefully for many more years.

It cuts like a dream which I owe a long belated thanks to Pete for and the handle I created from a piece of Chechan lumber which I finished with Tru Oil. The replacement nuts came from e-Bay and worked out quite well.

Here are a few photos along with one that shows the saw joining my other back saws from my tool chest.
    Cheadle-Stamp.jpg Cheadle.jpg MyBackSaws.jpg

admin likes this.