The Davenport Sawmakers

Discussion in 'Forum: Saw Identification and Discussion' started by ray, Oct 6, 2016.

1. ray

ray Administrator Staff Member

I was contacted recently by Laura Davenport, who is researching the Davenport Family history, so this is for Laura, I hope it helps with the family research, if you have anything by way of old family records relating to saw making, I'd be delighted to see them.

It seems that whenever I re-enter the world of the Davenports, there is an uncanny feeling of entering a cleverly constructed maze designed specifically to confuse and distract.

Nonetheless, here are the articles and notes that Peter Evans and I wrote for the Sydney TTTG magazine a few years back.

There was a Lawrence Davenport who fought in the 81st PA during the Civil War, the dates are about right for that being the son of Mary and Charles, and later the E&L Davenport that was bought out by Henry Disston. It would be nice to somehow confirm that was in fact the case.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Underthedirt likes this.
  2. Underthedirt

Underthedirt Most Valued Member

Hi Ray,

I've been hoping that you'd post this...:)
    There's a huge amount of work involved in such an undertaking, many thanks to you & Peter for sharing your works on such an important saw making firm.

Regards

Mari

ray likes this.