Keyhole Saw

Discussion in 'Forum: Saw Identification and Discussion' started by kiwi, Jun 7, 2016.

1. kiwi

kiwi Most Valued Member

Last week I bought this keyhole saw because it had an unusual handle, with the front fishtail having an extra curl. (I sort of collect different saw handle styles)
    On closer inspection I think its probably a cut down handle from a full closed grip lamb's tongue style handle (there's the typical notch found on the underside of the grip just before the curve reversal to the lamb's tongue; the end of that fishtail is a bit stubby rather than tapered to an edge; the underside of the handle boss is flat and looks out-of-place with all the other curves)
    The split nuts are very small, 3/8" across the head, so I think the original handle likely was made for a small saw such as a keyhole saw (but maybe not for the current blade?)
    No markings found

I quite like it, even if it is a frankensaw, and it fits in with my other keyhole saws which show a wide variety of handle styles.
    (pictures show this saw alone or with 3 other recently acquired saws, and an old display mounted in a picture frame that I made a few years ago to show my different keyhole/compass saw handle styles )
    P1030133.JPG P1030135.JPG P1030131.JPG P1030136.JPG

wiktor48 and Underthedirt like this.
  2. Force

Force Active Member

I like that display kiwi, what a great idea and relatively space saving as well.
    Cheers... Chris