Fagan.London

Discussion in 'Forum: Saw Identification and Discussion' started by fred0325, Dec 2, 2015.

1. fred0325

fred0325 Most Valued Member

Hello all,

There are quite a few of Fagans in London, (most of them being after 1900) and one of the reasons why I probably have not been able, so far, to find which Fagan it is, is because I cannot begin to date the saw.

I have already been cautioned not to get too excited over the Fagan. part of the name and the only general search of Google leads me to Ireland as a motorcycle maker in 1935 or any number of other Fagans who have nothing to do with saws or London.

BSSM has a W H Fagan and Son listed as a saw sold in 2011, but no other information and/or speculation on who he was or when he made (probably retailed) saws.

Any help would therefore be much appreciated.

Fred

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  2. MarvW

MarvW New Member

Fred

I Googled it and all I found was the eBay auction for your saw. Looks like someone used it to practice saw filing for the first time. If it were mine, I'd grind off the teeth and file in new ones.

3. fred0325

fred0325 Most Valued Member

Thanks Marv,

The tooth-line does have its problems as far as a "user" is concerned, but I offer more of a rest home for retired and distressed saws rather than rehabilitation for future usage. I probably have round about a couple of hundred saws now and I think that you could count on two hands the number that are potential, let alone actual, users.

Fred

4. Underthedirt

Underthedirt Most Valued Member

Hi Fred, there is a similar gents saw to your one for sale in Queensland Australia at the moment, no further information though.

Mari

Attached Files: