Did anyone see the Kenyon on Ebay

Discussion in 'Forum: Saw Identification and Discussion' started by fred0325, Mar 20, 2011.

1. fred0325

fred0325 Most Valued Member

Hello all,

I would assume that most of you did.

For those that didn't, it went to 31 bids and for $234.49, and the man who put it on didn't know what it was when he did the listing. He described it as a Nenyon.

I must admit that I was tempted to bid when it was at £85, but the fact that someone had ruined it by overcleaning and because of the £32 extra postage, I either bottled it, or discretion was the better part of valour depending upon your viewpoint.

I suspect that I shall never see one again.:(

Below is a picture, breach of copyright or not. ( I will not be offended if you remove it Ray).

Fred

Attached Files:

2. ray

ray Administrator Staff Member

Hi Fred,

No, I didn't see it, but I wouldn't have gone to that sort of price anyway.

If you are looking to buy a Kenyon, I would be looking around the antique shops and car boot sales in Russia (if they have them). A substantial portion of Kenyon's business was in sales to Russia, and failure to get paid after the Communist revolution was probably a significant factor in their financial demise.

Know anyone who speaks Russian, ask them to look for a Kenyonski.. :)

Regards
    Ray

3. pedder

pedder Most Valued Member

4. Joe S

Joe S Most Valued Member

Hey Fred et al...
    Saw it very early and like you decided to pass on this because of the condition. Don't have one, but funny enough, I think I'm becoming more discriminating. (sort'a). There were really on five or six buyers. One buyer continued to raise in small increments. As Pedder is saying it really is just a user. Must have been cleaned not all that recently because brass back wasn't shiny new. Dome nut seems to be an interesting replacement.
    I wouldn't worry Fred about another showing up because one will eventually. I find if you wait patiently everything shows up sooner or later.
    cheers
    Joe S