Slack Sellars & Grayson. Art !

Discussion in 'Forum: Saw Identification and Discussion' started by kiwi, Sep 19, 2017.

1. kiwi

kiwi Most Valued Member

P1030517.JPG
    Oh deer !

This was one of the saws I saw yesterday when visiting a local studio. One of Rachel's specialties is using her plasma cutter on saws (handsaws, backsaws, circular saws etc). [ I thought some of them were quite good, so I suggested trading a bunch of my excess saws for one of hers (might be possible)]
    I liked this one
    P1030520.JPG

More pics at arcnsawcanada http://www.imgins.com/arcnsawcanada

Underthedirt likes this.
  2. Joe S

Joe S Most Valued Member

Hey Rob
    I have always said that if you own it, you can do what you darn well please with it. This may have tested my resolve on that. To each their own.
    Joe S.

Underthedirt likes this.
  3. Underthedirt

Underthedirt Most Valued Member

Argh my eyes.....! That poor Slack Sellars & Grayson..... I have an agreement with a local "artist" who does similar (bad) things to saws, I swap her 2 x non collectible junkers for every 1 x collectible saw out of her stash.
    Thankfully she stays away from backsaws...:)

Regards

Mari

4. David

David Most Valued Member

Seeing the Slack, Sellars & Grayson, I'm with Joe and Mari on this. There are plenty of beat-up commonly-found saws around to turn into cut-out drawings. I think a solution like Mari's trade is beneficial to everyone and keeps the less common saws from disappearing while allowing the plasma cutting to continue.
    David

Underthedirt likes this.
  5. Barleys

Barleys Most Valued Member

I'm not a person who likes to see honourably used saws treated like this. I once had one of our many stand up rows with Ken Hawley, because in his enthusiasm to look at saw handles without, as he put it, being distracted by the blade (??), he cut several off with about 2 inches of steel left. Oh dear.

Simon

Underthedirt likes this.
  6. Dusty Shed Dweller

Dusty Shed Dweller Most Valued Member

Aaaaaarggh..... my eyes.....

I can hear those poor saws screaming in pain from here.