Video Tutorial -- How to upload pictures to the Gallery

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by ray, Oct 11, 2010.

1. ray

ray Administrator Staff Member

Here a couple of video tutorials, it's easier to see what's going on if you click the video and go to fullscreen mode.

How to Create a New Album
    [youtube]64XcY5XktyY[/youtube]

Uploading Pictures to the Gallery
    [youtube]6Ol2aKdSmEA[/youtube]

Step1. Login from front screen.
    you will automatically be re-directed to the forum, don't worry, just click on "Gallery" in the navigation bar at the top of the page.

Step2. We are now in the gallery, click on "upload_file" you are now on the file upload screen.

Step3. Select the Album you want to upload to, it's a drop down menu with a little downward facing blue arrow, click the blue arrow and select your album.

Step4. Click "browse" a window will open on your computer and you can navigate around your computer to find the picture you wish to upload, click on the picture and it will automatically upload.

When the upload is finished a button labelled "continue" will appear.

Step5. Press continue. A screen showing all the pictures,and their properties in that album will open, Add a title and any comments to the uploaded picture.

Step6. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and press apply changes.

That's it you are done, you can go back to the gallery and album and make sure the pictures are all ok.

Using Gallery pictures in a forum post.
    Step 1. Navigate to the picture you wish to insert and right click on the picture, select "view image info".

Step 2. A window with the picture and a lot of other information will open, look just below the picture for a line that says something like.

Location http://www.backsaw.net/cpg/albums/userpics/10097/17Rgroves22inch.JPG

Using the mouse highlight the http://www.backsaw.net/cpg/albums/userpics/10097/17Rgroves22inch.JPG
    and press "control C" (copy)

Then in your forum post, press the little picture button in the edit bar (it looks like a mountain with a yellow sky (no i don't know either!))
    A box will open that says "Please enter url of your image" now press "control V" (paste) then "OK" and an image tag will be inserted into your post at the cursor location.

[​IMG]

When you "submit your post" your picture will be displayed.
    (just like the 22inch Groves Handsaw above..)

Regards
    Ray

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  2. need2boat

need2boat Most Valued Member

problems with gallery upload

Ray,

I'm having trouble uploading to the gallery. I followed the directions, loged in. created a folder, selected the pic but they keep failing when I upload. I tried both jpg and till file sizes as low as 11k. Didn't see anything listed about file format but I must be missing something.

Joe

3. ray

Hi Joe,

I think might be a problem with access permissions on the gallery software, I've changed the directory permissions, which I hope will fix the problem, try again and let me know it that was it, or I need to keep looking..

Regards
    Ray

4. Brit*al

Brit*al Member

Problem uploading to gallery

Hi, two things:

1) I login at the main home page and then click the gallery link. It immediately logs me out again.

2) I've created a number of albums containing photos and am trying to add them to the gallery. I don't see the Upload File link. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

5. ray

Hi Brit*al,

I'm not having much luck with this one, I had a couple of goes now, but still can't see what the problem is.

Can you give me a couple of file names of the pictures you've uploaded, and hopefully that will help me track the problem.

Regards
    Ray

6. Brit*al

Brit*al Member

Hi Ray,

Thanks for taking a look at this issue. Originally when I tried to do it, I logged in at the home page and clicked the Gallery link. It immediately logged me out. I tried it a number of times on different days with the same result. I even tried clearing my cookies. That being the case, I found that I could create albums and upload files from the Community drop-down menu. I have a number of albums with photos in them there.

Here are three file names from one of those albums called Drabble and Sanderson 14" Backsaw:

user95_pic99_1331142204.jpg
    user95_pic98_1331142083.jpg
    user95_pic95_1331141901.jpg

I tried to access the gallery again today and now I no longer get logged out. However I do not see the albums that I created via the community link. So I created an album from the Gallery and tried to load multiple files into the album. The upload for each file failed with the message:

The previous file could not be placed.

I then tried to load files individually. That failed too, with the message:

Critical error
    Impossible to move P1030735.jpg to albums/userpics/10863/!

File: /var/www/web7/web/cpg/db_input.php - Line: 624

If it makes a difference I am using Windows 7 and IE 8. I also tried it with Firefox, but got the same results.

Let me know if you need any further information.

7. ray

Hi Brit*al,

Ok, thanks for that, I think I see it, and yes, if I'm right it's a permissions problem.

Give it a try and let me know if it works..

Regards
    Ray

8. Brit*al

Brit*al Member

Thanks Ray. They are uploading fine now.

I still don't see the albums that I created via the Community drop-down when I'm in my gallery. Is that normal? Do I have to load them all again in my gallery? I don't mind doing it, but wondered if you could explain when to post pictures in the Gallery area and when to post pictures via the Community drop-down?

Thanks again for your help.

Andy

9. ray

Hi Andy,

I'm not sure about that, I've always just used the galleries, but I'll check out how the community drop down is supposed to work.

Regards
    Ray

10. sumo

sumo Member

I'm getting the same error as Brit when uploading to the gallery:

Impossible to move HenryRichFullA.jpg to albums/userpics/10908/!

File: /var/www/web7/web/cpg/db_input.php - Line: 624

11. bflores

bflores New Member

Trouble with uploads

I am also having difficulty uploading photos. I get the same message as some others: impossible to move img_4012.jpg to albums/userpics/10955/!
    file:/var/www/wcb7/web/cpg/db_input.php-line:624
    Please let me know what I might do to correct this problem; I have a good many photos to share! Thanks! Bart

12. Wally331

Wally331 New Member

Believe it or not, I'm having the same problem as these guys with uploading pictures. I've got some interesting saws to share! Same upload error as the others though. Thanks admin if you could help.

13. ray

I think that this problem is the weird file permissions error that seems to crop up at random.

No promises, but I'll try changing gallery permissions and see what happens. :)

Regards
    Ray

14. Mariejurdy

Mariejurdy Member

I was under the impression that the NPC in question is not undead.

Think laterally a bit... its a graveyard, and there is ground beneath your feet... how do you go down?