great story on a acme 120

Discussion in 'Saw Pictures and Measurements' started by robert, Jun 14, 2013.

1. robert

robert Active Member

let me start by asking how many of you have bought saws and just pitched them in to the corner of you shop or shed? last month i went to a local flea market. where i happened to find a box of saws. all had issues. busted handles, rust, missing screws. you know that basic pile of crap. but i liked the home made saw chest. the chest had 6 saws in it. aside from the box all i wanted was an atkins label screw. the seller sees me and belts out give $4.00 for the lot. as i looked up at him i saw on his table a motorcycle helmet his next words were $5.00 for the saws and helmet. (i'm a sucker for old motorcycle helmets to) great combo helmets and saws. go figure. so i bought it all. took it home and placed it all in the shed. today i pulled out the chest to have a look. wouldn't you know it. a busted up disstons acme 120. it is 24 inches long. 11 ppi.

Attached Files:

2. pmcgee

pmcgee Most Valued Member

There's a place/name for people like you.
    (Take your choice)
    :D
    Paul
    [... where was that envy smilie????]

3. robert

robert Active Member

some of the saws i buy have been to that place and back. but wait till you see the one i had hanging for years in my mothers garage.(30-35 years hanging):eek: